The only temple on the archaeological site with an active community of monks living in the temple.
The name means Golden Lake Monastery and the temple is located on an island in the middle of a lake. It’s located just outside the city walls, close to the eastern Kamphaeng-Hak gate.
The temple has the typical Sukhothai main stupa surrounded by eight smaller ones. The Ordination Hall was built un 1917 by the Governor of Sukhothai.
The temple houses a footprint of the Buddha. The footprint was created in 1359 from dark grey stone.
For posts about other Sukhothai Archaeological Sites see Sukhothai
Other Thailand posts at Thailand Travel Map
Other South East Asia posts at South East Asia Travel Map